I am always asking myself, 'Why do I do this to myself?". It may be when I am out running. Or riding the bike. Or waking up hungover from drinking too much beer. These are my (lame) stories.

Monday, September 18, 2006

North by Northwest Ride

Did the 'North by Northwest' ride with Audrey, Panther, Erin, Buzz and Rhonda yesterday morning.

We had some problems early on in the ride. About 3 miles in Erin turned to Panther and said, 'Does Kerry's tire look ok?'. No. It was flat. Or at least going flat. Now I hate to admit this and Panther must never learn this because he changed my tire, but I am pretty sure I just didn't tighten the valve tight enough after I pumped up this morning. So we got my tire changed and went another 3-4 miles and hear this loud 'pshhhh'. Another blowout - this time Panther.

Erin, Audrey and I were waiting for his tire to get changed and we heard a slow 'pssss'. Yes. That is right. Erin got a flat tire just standing there. Got her all changed up and headed out. We didnt even get 20 feet and Panther blew another tire.

So between 4 of us riding together (Rhonad and Buzz rode separate in the mountain bike brigade) we had 4 flats within 10 miles.

Luckily the rest of the ride went off without a hitch. I got to really ride with the new pedals and shoes and didn't even eat shit. I almost fell over at one light because I thought it was green, but managed to clip out just in time. It was a good hard ride. Serious headwind going back. And riding with some more experienced riders made it a lot more challenging than my normal 10 miles with Cooper.

Looking forward to a great week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I love working out with you again! But what was up with all the tire problems? :)

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Lulu said...

I think it is the Gods telling us to stay home and drink.

7:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home