I am always asking myself, 'Why do I do this to myself?". It may be when I am out running. Or riding the bike. Or waking up hungover from drinking too much beer. These are my (lame) stories.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First ride in traffic

Today at lunch I had my first ride on the road with my new pedals and shoes. I was very nervous. Left work and did about 10 miles. Most of the ride was residential so that helped. But I did have to go a ways on Oak Knoll. I feel pretty good clipping out but for some reason having a little trouble clipping in. I think it might just be a bit of a confidence issue. Plus trying to clip in without looking down to avoid swerving into traffic.

All in all a pretty good ride - wish I had a longer lunch break! Will try to get a short run in this afternoon before Coop gets home.

1 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

I love riding in traffic! But I spent a summer as a bike messenger during a Philly transit strike, so I was broken in pretty good. You'll get used to the pedals and wonder how you ever got along without clipless.

7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home