Women's Adventure Race - 2nd Place
This morning was the 2006 Women's Adventure Race in Cedar Park. Yesterday Kat and I went on a wild goose chase to find the perfecct costumes. We were torn between 'Miss Women's Race 2006' complete with tiaras and bright pink satin gowns or Cheer Leaders. It was 10PM Sat night before we decided to go with the Cheer outfits. While we could have won the costume contest with the other, we knew that it would screw up our race time.
Now, keep in mind, that we did not have visions to win this thing. We thought we could do relatively OK. But Kat tends to tire out around 2miles, so I didnt think we would have a great show.
So after suffering a horrible loss Sat night (Ohio State Kiss My ass) and several beers, we showed up bright and early Sunday ready to race. We had a blast and Kat was a great partner!
Our first run section went pretty well. Kat took a tumble at one point. We kicked ass through the three legged race and were right in the front of the pack going into transition. We grabbed the Yak and the straps worked great. We were in the lead in the water and pulled up to shore. Kat stepped out in about 3 inches. So I jumped out - but apparently there was a big drop off and next thing I knew I was chest deep in water. We made it out and back into transition in pretty good time.
the last leg of running had all kinds of 'mystery events' from handcuffed running to mental challenges. We were neck and neck with another team the whole way and the competition made it a lot fun. I had to give Kat a hand about halfway through the second run - pulling her along and making sure she didnt stop to walk.
The final obstacle course was real close and if it weren't for me having the WORSE balance of all women in the world we would have won our group. We ended up in 2nd place for our group and 3rd overall. This is the first time I have actually won something at a race - some nice Nike glasses. Very cool. Great time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home