I am always asking myself, 'Why do I do this to myself?". It may be when I am out running. Or riding the bike. Or waking up hungover from drinking too much beer. These are my (lame) stories.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Barton Springs - Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Headed down to Barton Springs before work this morning. It was 62 degrees out this AM. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE this weather. It has been fantastic to be able to get out and about without dying of heat exhaustion. But it took every ounce of will power this morning to get me to get in the pool.

But... my flabby abs persuaded me to do a couple laps. Honestly, as soon as I started moving I felt fine and did not lose feeling in any of my extremities.

The worst part was walking to the car and driving up Mopac to North Austin in my cold wet swimsuit. I had to blast the heater and it took me an hour to warm up once I got to work. And I was thinking about quitting 24-hour fitness membership and just swimming in Barton Springs. Screw that. I don't want to freeze my ass off all winter.

Now almost time for spinning - yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home