I am always asking myself, 'Why do I do this to myself?". It may be when I am out running. Or riding the bike. Or waking up hungover from drinking too much beer. These are my (lame) stories.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Vacation. My good luck began with a penny

I am so superstitious. It is silly almost. So yesterday at work I saw a penny on the floor. I am a strong believer in the old saying:

See a penny, pick it up, and all day you'll have good luck.
Put the penny in your shoe, and good luck will stay with you.

The penny was heads up (never pick up a penny tail side up that is bad luck). I put it in my shoe and went back to my desk. My vacation was set to start Wed. But when I got back to my desk I looked at my boss' meeting maker. And low and behold...he had me scheduled off for today too! At first I thought I would just work today since I am wrapping up a big project. Then I said fuck it! This must be the good luck from the penny.

So, here I am on vacation trying to figure out what I am going to do with myself. Tomorrow I have 16 miles scheduled with Wiley (well half with Wiley half alone) on the trail. So I was thinking I might bike and/or swim instead. But sitting around all lazy is also kinda nice.

Thursday we leave for Reno/Tahoe to celebrate our 7th anniversary. I can't believe it has been seven years since that fateful day in April when we actually said "I do" and almost 11 years since I saw a good ole Texas boy shooting pool at the Horseshoe Lounge and forced him into playing quarters with my sister and I and a large bottle of Jaeger for my 22 birthday. Wow. Time flies when you are having fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home